How 888poker knows you are in New Jersey
On Your PC:
If you are on a New Jersey based Wi-Fi network, your location will be validated automatically.
On Your Mobile:
If you have Wi-Fi capability enabled, your location will be validated automatically.
Note: You don't need be connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Global Positioning System (GPS)
If applicable, our platform may perform a GPS check to see if you are in New Jersey.
Issues you might encounter (PC):
Try using a computer in another location to establish a stronger signal, or use a Wi-Fi adapter.
You might have to logout of the poker lobby and login again, or restart your computer.
Issues you might encounter (MOBILE):
NO LOCATION SERVICES
You must enable location services in the 888poker app.
You must be connected to a wireless router for us to verify your location.
You must enable GPS for us to verify your location.
Try using your mobile in another location to establish a stronger signal
How do I turn on Wi-Fi on my computer?
If you are using Windows:
- Open the Control Panel
- Go to "Network and Internet Options" (sometimes called "Network Connections")
- Click "View network status and tasks" or if you are using a Wi-Fi adapter, click on the icon of adapter
- Click "Connect or disconnect" or click "Enable"
Here are some video tutorials showing how to enable your Wi-Fi:
- Enabling Wi-Fi Networks In Windows 7 & 8
- How to Enable WiFi network adapter on Windows XP
If you are on a Mac:
- Our systems will automatically turn on your Wi-Fi and this will not need to be done manually
If I'm using a public Wi-Fi hotspot to access the internet, can I still be accurately located?
Yes, you can.