NEW JERSEY POKER PLAYERS TEMPTED BY $800,000 GUARANTEED TOURNAMENT
Online gaming revenue in the state of New Jersey is on the up and up, but poker remains a laggard. According to the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJ DGE), 2017 revenues of $245.6 million were reported, up 25% from the 2016 revenues of $196.7 million.
This news was celebrated across the board in the Garden State but concerns about the slow growth of online poker remain. Experts insist however, that it’s important to see the state of online gaming in New Jersey in perspective.
Compared to Delaware, New Jersey has a population approximately 9 times bigger, yet it’s online gaming revenue is 100 times greater than that of Delaware. The year on year increase for online casino revenue was boosted by a 30% uptick to $221.3 million last year.
But, online poker declined by 8% + to just $24.3 million for the full year. 888poker New Jersey is hoping to turn things around with a spectacular poker tournament this February. The much-anticipated New Jersey Poker Classic II begins on Friday, 9 February 2018 and runs through Sunday, 25 February 2018.
DETAILS OF THE NEW JERSEY POKER CLASSIC IN FEBRUARY
The New Jersey Poker Classic runs for 17 days, and sports 57 events. The main event guarantees a prize pool of $100,000, and the prized New Jersey Poker Classic Championship Belt. Play begins at 7 PM on Friday, 9 February with the NJPC II Event #1 – $8,000 No Limit Holdem – kickoff with a $30 buy-in. All registered players at 888poker New Jersey will be able to compete for their share of $800,000 guaranteed, as well as their share of the $100,000 guaranteed main event prize pool.
Two Freeroll tickets await players in their poker accounts, and there are plenty of opportunities to win free tournament entries to the second New Jersey Poker Classic tournament. Scores of daily challenges will be taking place, and players stand a chance to win an additional $500 New Jersey PC daily freeroll tickets every day of the contest. The list of attractions available to online players at 888poker include the following:
- SNGs (Sit & Go’s) or BLAST poker tournaments with minimum buy-ins of $5.
- For the casino fans out there, 888poker New Jersey is also allowing players to win tournament tickets by wagering at least $5 on casino games.
- Poker players also stand a chance to win freeroll tickets by competing in cash games with stakes of $0.02/$0.05 +.
- Players who complete 3 challenges across different days will receive a $1,000 New Jersey Poker Classic II weekly freeroll ticket.
Players who win freeroll tickets will have them credited to their accounts within 72 hours, and all offers through 888poker will only be available until Tuesday, 20 February 2018.
What is the Freeroll Schedule at 888poker for the NJ Poker Classic II?
There are 3 types of freerolls at 888poker. These include the following:
- $500 New Jersey Poker Classic Daily 2018 freeroll at 8 PM daily. There are currently 4 rank categories with varying TRT value prizes and TRTs up for grabs.
- The $1,000 New Jersey Poker Classic Weekly 2018 Freeroll on Sundays at 7 PM with ranks 1-10 and 10 TRTs
- The $2,500 New Jersey Poker Classic VIP Freeroll on Saturday, 24 February at 7:30 PM. The TRT value is $500, and the rank is for 1-5 with 5 TRTs up for grabs.
Highlighted Events Taking Place at the New Jersey Poker Classic II
- Saturday, February 10 at 7 PM – NJPC II Event #4 – $4,500 No Limit Holdem – Saturday start up with a $50 buy-in
- Sunday, February 11 at 8 PM – NJPC II Event #10 – $8,000 No Limit Holdem – Classic Freezeout with a $100 buy-in
- Monday, February 12 at 9 PM – NJPC II Event #14 – $5,000 No Limit Holdem – The Classic 50 (R&A) with a $50 buy-in • Wednesday, February 14 at 8 PM – NJPC II Event #19 – $4,000 No Limit Holdem – Midweek Freeze with a $50 buy-in
- Friday, February 16 at 8 PM – NJPC II Event #25 – $20,000 No Limit Holdem - weekend warm-up (reentry) $250 buy-in
- Sunday, February 18 at 7 PM – NJPC II Event #32 – $25,000 No Limit Holdem – Super Sunday (reentry) with a $250 buy-in
- Tuesday, February 20 at 7 PM – NJPC II Event #39 - $50,000 No Limit Holdem – High Roller (reentry 6 max) with a $1000 buy-in
- Friday, February 23 at 7 PM – NJPC II Event #47 – $10,000 No Limit Holdem (Thank God it’s Friday) Deepstack & Super Addon – with a $150 buy-in
- Saturday, February 24 at 9 PM – NJPC II Event #52 – $4,000 Pot Limit Omaha – The Omaha 50 (R&A 8-Max) with a $50 buy-in
- Sunday, February 25 at 7 PM – NJPC II Event #55 – $4,500 Teams Tournament (R&A) with a $50 buy-in
- Sunday, February 25 at 9 PM – NJPC Event #57 – $10,000 No Limit Holdem – Closeout Deepstack (reentry and turbo) with a $100 buy-in
T&C OF THE NEW JERSEY POKER CLASSIC FREE ROLLS AT 888POKER
The full list of 57 events currently taking place at the New Jersey Poker Classic between February 9 and February 25 is available at 888poker New Jersey. According to the terms and conditions of the NJ Poker Classic, players will receive an initial $500 NJPC 2018 daily Freeroll ticket valid for 7 days, and a $1,000 NJPC 2018 Weekly Freeroll ticket valid for 14 days. The promotion runs until February 21, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST. The game types for both the $500 freeroll ticket and the $1,000 for weekly freeroll are Texas Holdem, and they are played in a No Limit Format.
The minimum number of players per table is 9, and the maximum number of players in both cases is 3,000. All players will receive 3,000 starting chips, with no buy-in and no rebuys or add-ons. Blinds will increase in 3-minute intervals and decision times are capped at 15 seconds. The time bank is 30 seconds, and the refresh rate is every 20 levels. Players must be at least 21 years of age to gamble legally in New Jersey, through 888/Caesars Interactive Entertainment.